The recipe I am sharing with you is a “modified by me” recipe of Broccoli and Cheddar Soup I got from the website, www.allrecipes.com. I wanted to serve up a hot, comforting dish to my family for dinner because it’s so cold outside this week. I am always so nervous when I cook, so when Tyler, my husband, and my sister, Noelle, and I really enjoyed this yummy recipe for dinner, I decided I would share it with you! It’s perfectly cheesy and flavorful – I am sure your family will love it too! ~
Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
You Will Need :
1/4 c butter
1 onion, medium dice
2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
16 oz broccoli (I used fresh broccoli because I got it for free with a sale+coupon at Target)
1 qt low sodium chicken broth
1/2 c flour
1 1/2 c skim milk
8 oz skim cheddar cheese (I bought a block of it because it’s less $$ but it’s less time to buy already shredded)
After You Gather All of Your Ingredients :
2. Melt the rest of the butter and pour it into the crock pot.
3. Chop broccoli and shred cheese.
4. Whisk together milk and flour.
5. Add all ingredients into crock pot and heat on low for 2-3 hours.
6. When you serve it, if it’s too hot, add a little bit of milk to help to cool it down.