A few weekends ago, I had the privilege to host a baby shower for my sweet friend Laura. It was such a fun time – full of good food, really good friends, and sweet little baby boy gifts! Here are my tips to make a baby shower memorable for the mommy and a successful shower for you!
1. Gather friends together – a group of hostesses is so much fun!
A group of friends to host the shower adds to the fun – each girl takes part in the planning, preparation, and pulling off the event 🙂
2. Order the cutest invitations possible!
I wanted to gift my friend Laura with the cutest invites – she is such a cute girl with such great style that I wanted to shower her with love even through choosing the perfect invitation.
I ordered the invitations from Swoozies. They have great customer service, timely turnaround, and reasonable prices.
If Swoozies doesn’t have the perfect invitation for your event, browse through these Raleigh stationers and a their websites for other local stores.
( The mommy is to provide a list of the girls she wants to invite, complete with their mailing addresses – This is her only task 🙂
3. Stylish Paper Products, Flowers, & Fun Make a Shower an Extraordinary One!
* The paper products were purchased from Papertown, a Raleigh local favorite for cute and affordable party supplies.
* The flower arrangements were designed with vases we owned, flowers from a few different retailers, and a bit of creativity!
The fun games included everyone and Laura took home all of the baby food for little boy baby Navey!
4. Complete The Party with a Cute Cake!
Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I will simply show you the beautiful baby shower cake. It will leave you oohing and aahing and with your mouth watering 😉
5. The Most Important Part is the People!
* Think through your menu – have a well-rounded menu that includes a main dish, fruits and veggies, and salty and sweet appetizers.
* Set the home’s temperature to accommodate having many people in your home; have plenty of comfortable seating in an intimate space.
* Include in your menu a little something special – since the shower was on a cold January morning, we served hot apple cider!
5. Make it a memorable shower for the mommy.
* As the hostesses, we decided to purchase together a couple of Laura’s big gifts on her registry.
* We purchased cute thank you cards and asked all of the guests to fill out the address so that Laura would be able to focus on writing the thank you instead of taking time to fill out the addresses of each girl. I purchased this set from Target.
* We provided pen and paper and took the position to write down the gift giver’s name and gift they gave.
The shower was such a success!! – With planning, preparation, and great people to work with, all of the guests were comfortable, enjoyed the morning brunch, and Laura went home happy – knowing she is loved and with a car full of fun baby gifts!